What an exciting and wet week we have had! We have been talking about community helpers in class, so we had a couple of canine helpers from our community drop by.
Taber and Officer Scott came to see us and talk about the benefits of Canine Police Officers.
We also had a visit from a therapy dog named Lily and her friend Valerie.
Sept. 27 & 28-Fire Fighter’s Visit
Sept. 28-29-Room Parent Meeting-9:30-Rm 200
Sept. 28-T-Shirt & Magnet sales at both lower and upper entrances to MCC before and after school
Sept. 29-T-Shirt & Magnet sales at both lower and upper entrances to MCC before school only
Oct. 3 & 4-Chapel
Oct. 3 & 4-Soccer Shots begins
Oct. 6-Tumbling begins
Oct. 12 & 13- 4’s/TK Insect Field Trip to Powell Park
Oct. 29-Save the date for Parents Night Out, sponsored by the Parent Council-more details to come!
The Academy Street project is moving along.
By the end of September, two-way traffic should be restored for the full length of Academy Street, and we will start to see metal benches and landscaping begin to be installed.
· All of the tree pits along the project have been dug, except for a few at the Chatham Street / Academy Street intersection. All of the tree pits are filled with a unique soil that provides a structural support for the sidewalk and a growing medium for the trees. Over 70 trees (and 9 tree species) will be installed along Academy Street, with some in tree pits near the roadway and others behind the sidewalk.
· Electrical infrastructure continues to be installed along the street to support festivals and tree / art lighting.
· Changes have been made to the location of above-ground traffic signal equipment at the Chatham Street / Academy Street intersection.
· Duke Energy continues to install LED street lights.
· Pavers in the roadway and sidewalk continue to be installed on both sides of the street. All roadway pavers and the majority of sidewalk should be in by the last week of September. There are over 250,000 pavers!
· The public art granite benches are being sculpted at the NC Granite Corporation in Mt. Airy, and should start arriving on-site in mid-October.
· Landscaping installation is also scheduled to begin in October.
· Once the landscaping is installed, solar-powered light pavers will be set in the sidewalks on both sides of the street; these pavers are similar to the light pavers in front of the Cary Arts Center.
Enjoy your weekend and join us at Koka Booth for Manna Fest this Sunday Morning!