Greetings in the name of the Lord!
Welcome to all the First Cary Families with 3rd graders!
This is a big year as all 3rd graders will receive his or her Bible from their First Cary Church Family! In order to strengthen this aspect of our Christian Formation, we have a specific means by which all 3rd graders will receive their Bible, learn how to use their Bible, and be prepared for worship. This new process is rooted in a holistic approach that will encourage all families to use the Bible more often—at church and at home. Here are a few important details and dates:
- On Sunday, September 10th at 12:15 pm, we will gather right after worship in the sanctuary as our Lead Pastor, Reverend Carl Frazier and Pastor of Christian Formation, Reverend Martha McLean, will present Bibles to our 3rd Each child will come forward with the support of their family. This is an informal yet very special time.
- On Sunday, September 17th we will see your family as the whole church gathers at Koka Booth for Manna Fest 2017! Be there!
- The next Sunday, September 24th, begins the “Learning My Bible” teaching series; we will encourage your child to be at church every Sunday; this teaching series will continue through November 5th at the 9:45am hour. Your child will bring the Bible to class each Sunday.
- On Sunday, October 15th at 12:15pm, all 3rd grade families are invited to join Pastor Martha for a service of worship in the sanctuary, where our worship of God will also incorporate some teaching moments to explore why we do what we do when we gather on Sundays! We’ll all learn a little something new at this service – it’s for the whole family, not just the kids!
- Once “Learning My Bible” has wrapped up, we will have the Bibles blessed on November 12th. We will welcome our 3rd graders to any/all of the First Cary services that day and look forward to the opportunity for them to process in with the Acolyte and Bible Bearer.
I hope you are now as excited as I am about this fall and are ready to join in each step along the way. In order to prepare, we would ask you to sign up ahead of time to ensure we have a Bible inscribed for your child and enough materials available for all. Please click on the link below to register.
Your families and friends are invited to attend any of the sanctuary services we offer as we surround these children with a community of Christian love. We are happy to draw the circle wide!
Please click HERE or click the Registration button on FirstCary.com to sign up for all of the opportunities below:
September 10th @ 12:15 pm Bible presentation in sanctuary
October 15th @ 12:15 pm Worship Service incorporating teaching moments
November 12th @ all services Procession and Blessing of the Bibles
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Director, Children’s Ministry