Wow, January went by so fast! It is hard to believe it is February. Everyone did a wonderful job with the lock down drill on Wednesday morning. The teachers did a fantastic job prepping them for the brief drill. Each class was thrilled when they learned they won the “quietest class award”! Of course, they are all winners in my book. The Tuesday/Thursday classes will practice a lock down drill sometime over the next couple of weeks.
Registration has run very smoothly. Please remember to turn in the packets as soon as possible. We still have openings in most classes so if you have any friends who are looking for a preschool, please have them call the office and we will be happy to give them a tour.
Our summer camp registration is open! Summer camp will be June 18-22. Registration for other FUMC-C summer camps and activities are also open (such as Vacation Bible School). Our MCC Summer Camp is first come, first serve and will close when the three age groups meet their max numbers. To sign up for summer camp and other FUMC-C summer activities click here.
MCC is hosting a “Wheel Rodeo” for our 3yr old, 4yr old and TK classes on Monday, February 12th and Tuesday, February 13th. Information regarding the “Wheel Rodeo” will be sent home to those classes on Monday and Tuesday.
MCC has just launched a FUN reading-incentive program called Reach for the Stars!! This program is sponsored by Usborne Books & More. The Reach for the Stars will challenge students to read or be read to daily and will reward them with exciting and fun books of their choice to keep for themselves. Our school will also earn money for scholarships. Get neighbors, family, friends, etc to sponsor and support your student’s reading challenge. The more pledges you get the more money your student will have to spend at the book fair. Every dollar collected goes back to your student and the school. 20% of what your student raises will be given to your student as a credit to use at the book fair and the remaining 80% will go directly to the MCC Scholarship Fund. It’s a win-win for everyone. The book fair will be Monday, February 26th – Thursday, March 1st.
If you have any questions regarding the book fair and the Reach for the Stars campaign, please contact Lindsay Allen, Usborne Books & More Independent Consultant at 919-801-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information will follow over the next couple of weeks.
Baskets of Hope
MCC will be participating in our church wide Baskets of Hope again this year. The Easter baskets that are collected will be distributed to children in our community who may not receive an Easter basket this year. Also included in each basket is an age appropriate Bible. Our classes will be accepting donations and will put together Easter baskets for preschool age boys and girls. Information will be sent home soon with a list of suggested donations. The church will also be collecting gently used stuffed animals and candy to include in the baskets.
- Chapel/Bible Video Monday, February 5th and Tuesday, February 6th
- Wheel Rodeo Monday, February 12th and Tuesday, February 13th
- Monday, February 19th – MCC Closed – Teacher Workday